Wednesday, June 5, 2013

the cure

They laid in silence.
Soft morning sun rays beaming through the bedroom curtains.

"Talk to me and iron out my wrinkled thoughts" she said, "and whisper songs in my ear without moving your lips."

There was a long silence...

She leaned closer and whispered, "You may think I am your salvation love, but you are more to me than I will ever be to you. You are my medication, my narcotic, in which I demand, in which I crave, because I miss you so fucking bad when you're not around. But, don’t attempt to drink me in, for I am poisonous, and you baby, are the sweet liquid, a tonic for my madness, the cure."

~~~

burying my face in my arms,
i knew i loved you.
and i knew
that the smell of you skin
and charismatic glass exterior
would blind me and kill me
someday.