Sunday, August 4, 2019

redemption

I once was a man’s angel,
but failed to see the trident behind his back.


He stripped me of my halo,
and used it to tie my own hands above my head. 
His eyes glowed like a votive candle,
that promised me redemption.

God turned his back on me when I prayed for forgiveness.

So I moaned scriptures to the Devil,
as he confessed his sins between my thighs.
And I wondered if Mary ever felt a sacrament so sweet. 

Baptisms were made between our tongues,
and I pleaded with the Saints to give me strength,
but they all condemned me to Hell.


Damnation felt like heaven
when he pulled the rosary around my neck,
and I wanted to take him in me like the body and blood of Christ.


The holy communion never tasted as righteous as him, and I pleaded for the last time...
“forgive me Father for I have sinned”
but even Jesus knew I couldn’t be saved.


So he bent me over church pews,
and asked if I wanted to feel salvation.
I got down on my praying knees,
and begged him to make me unholy.