Monday, November 12, 2012

Window of Imagination.

I put my hand up against the cold dark window pane. Behind it, thin clouds gently floating across the moon. And even though I can't see you, I know you're on the other side. But you don't know that I am on this side looking out.

The silence is deafening.
I am empty.
So much distance.

The glass is cold and sad against my fingertips. I can't feel your warm skin touching mine. I can't feel your gentle kiss upon my lips. I can't smell your soft sweet scent or hear your contagious laughter.

God I miss that laugh.
And it hurts.

The glass will always remain there, a border between me and you. But if I close my eyes love, perfect images of us together flood my mind.

So real.
Yes.
Perfection in every way.

I smile as darkness gives way to the most beautiful sunrise peeking over the horizon, warming my soul.

You are here with me.

What a beautiful gift our imagination is my love. It allows me to feel you when I can't.

Know I will always be waiting for you here, with our perfect memories on replay behind this glass of imagination.

I miss your face...